Thoughts on Patch 3.08 - No Love for Locks


I thought I'd cover the changes coming to Warlocks in the upcoming patch 3.08. Oh, look, there's only three! While Bliz has promised to "fix" my beloved class soon, this obviously doesn't cut it. Come on, Bliz, now's good, but before would have been better!

Drain Mana: Now drains a percentage of maximum mana.

Drain mana is pretty worthless for actually obtaining mana. Whenever I try to drain mana from something I hardly get a drop before the mob bites the dust. I'm not sure if this change will help any.

Emberstorm: Now works with Conflagrate.

Emberstorm is a tier 6 Destruction spell and therefor it wont matter to me. Perhaps this will answer the debate of what does more DPS on Destruction locks: shadow bolts or immolate + conflagrate.

Ritual of Summoning: Will now create a summoning portal object which can be re-used for multiple summons for 5 minutes.

This is awesome. Saturday night I was with a group of 40 trying to kill the Horde leaders (we got Silvermoon and Thunder Bluff and then the raid leader had to go). I was the only warlock, and people kept asking for summons. I eventually had to tell people to suck it up and fly over. With a reusable stone I would have been able to keep many of my shards.

Since that's all we got this time, here are some other patch changes of note:

Tapping: All player spells which cause a creature to become aggressive to you will now also immediately cause the creature to be tapped.

This is great for warlocks! I can't count how many times I've had mobs stolen out from under my nose.

The run speed in spirit form has been increased by 50%. Night Elves in Wisp form will now move at 75% speed.

This will make dying suck slightly less.

Racial restrictions on mounts have now been lifted. Night elves on mechanostriders? Tauren on raptors? You’re not seeing things.

So this will make it easier for people to obtain 50 mounts. One of the guild leaders has a human they really want to put on a mechanostrider. The question is, will cloth prices go up as people attempt to gain reputation in other faction cities?

2 comments:

Kinzlayer said...

The mana drain is purely a PvP change. If you remember back to early Season 2/3, the issue most healers in Arena had was the drain comp, where in some form or another there would be a 'lock, shadow priest, or hunter who's main purpose was to disrupt and drain away the opposing team's healer(s) mana. To respond to some of the QQ they had nerfed certain talents in our affliction tree so maybe this will readjust the nerf a bit. We'll see but then Season 5 looks to be a hog's day for melee burst teams anyway, except maybe in 5s.

I thought there were two minor changes to the Glyph of Felguard and Fel Hunter as well? Which could be interesting, in term of the change to the Fel Hunter.

Alli Rense said...

I don't really do PvP so I don't think about changes that way.

I'm not sure about the glyphs, but since I've been primarily using my Fel Hunter lately for the +int buff, that will be interesting to see.

 
|  Blog of Corruption. Blogger Template By Lawnydesignz Powered by Blogger